Once you’ve settled on a gift for the wedding . You need to make the gift something really special through lovely gift wrapping. It makes your gift stand out and gives the bride (and groom) that lovely sense of fun and anticipation that comes from unwrapping a beautiful or unique present.
A few quick tips:
- It’s always classic to use white or silver wrapping paper or ribbon
- ALWAYS attach your gift tag or card securely to the gift – it’s very stressful for newly-weds or their family trying to remember who gave what, or match loose cards to random gifts. It also makes it a nightmare to thank people properly if you’re not quite sure what they gave you!
- If you’re planning on giving an envelope containing money or gift cards etc, transform it into a gift by using a generous length of double satin ivory or white ribbon, or other trimmings to embellish the outside.
- Going simple, especially for a summer, garden or beach wedding can be fun and classy – maybe a little bit of lace on plain white or brown paper – or even some newspaper with tulle…
- And if you’re a little bit crafty you can make a wonderful impression with embellishments
And finally, don’t forget your wedding wishes!